Study Abroad Ireland Consultants
HOME > STUDYING IN ireland
Why Study in the Ireland from India?
Ireland is known as the ‘Land of Saints and Scholars’. Ireland’s reputation for high-quality education has made the nation a frontrunner in the education sector. The country’s long and acclaimed tradition of excellence in providing high-quality education has got recognition from the world. Historically, Ireland has been one of the eminent seats of education in Europe. It retains the reputation till date with successive modern governments attaching equal regard and importance to education.
Every year almost 200,000 students from all over the world come to study in Ireland, and this number grows every year. With great employability, rich cuisine and culture, and one of the warmest people on the planet, we have listed down 10 great reasons why Ireland should be on the top of students list of preferred overseas education destinations.
TOP 10 REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN IRELAND
- Benefit from education in world-class universities
The Irish education system is considered to be one of the best in the world. The academic quality assurance systems of Ireland are highly regarded and sophisticated, which has helped it to consistently secure a position in the top 20 of the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook. The Irish system focuses hugely on the heuristic methodology rather than the pedagogy intensive method of education.
- High-quality research
Ireland invests 782 million annually in research in their higher education institutions. As a result, Irish higher-education institutions now conduct leading research in at least 19 fields, spanning natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Close educational links with both UK and the US
Ireland has strong links with both the UK and the US. Higher educational institutions in Ireland permit credit transfer provision to many universities and colleges in the UK and the US. It increases the opportunities for students to continue their education in these countries.
- Home to many of the world’s leading companies
Globally, Ireland is the second most attractive country for FDI after Singapore. Apart from tech giants like Google, Facebook, IBM, Apple, and Twitter, 9 of the world’s top 10 pharmaceutical companies have their main office for European operations in Ireland. This means there is no shortage of jobs for students who are studying in Ireland.
- Education and stay is affordable
Ireland is one of those study destinations which provide high-quality education with affordable fee structure inclusive of tuition, housing, insurance, and various cultural activities and educational tours. Tuition rates, living costs, and other recurring costs are largely lesser than those in the US and the UK.
- Plenty of scholarships
Irish government along with several institutions and international organizations offer many scholarships and fellowships to international students, depending on their field of study and the program they plan to pursue.
- Safe country with friendly people
Ireland has the reputation of being a safe and welcoming country to live and study. The Global Peace Index ranked Ireland as the 12th “most peaceful country” in 2009 and 2013. The leading travel site Lonely Planet voted it as the friendliest country in the world in 2008 and 2010. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness.
- Ireland is a cultural hotspot
Students are sure to have the time of their life while studying in Ireland. The island has produced four Nobel Laureates in Literature; surprisingly, James Joyce, the country’s most famous literary icon never won the Noble. The streets of Dublin are steeped in art and literature. Students can chat with the locals in countless taverns, visit the museums and art galleries dotting the cities, attend storytelling events, learn and play traditional Irish sports, and soak in the rich musical culture on display in countryside festivals all year long.
STUDIES IN IRELAND
Higher education in Ireland consists of universities, institutes of technology, colleges of education, and specialist colleges. Side by side with technology courses, the institutes of technology cover a wide range of vocational programs in subjects including hospitality, healthcare, media, textiles, etc. Specialist colleges on the other hand offer courses in a single subject area. However, overseas education in Ireland attracts a major chunk of Indian students in literature, technology, communications, history, and environmental studies.
There are four degree-awarding bodies: The National University of Ireland (UCD, UCC, DCU, and Maynooth), Dublin University, Dublin City University and the University of Limerick. Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the awarding body for third-level educational institutions outside of the university sector
- Two-year Certificate
- Three-year Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors)
- BA (Special) Degree
- Higher Diploma
- Master’s Degree
- Post-graduate Diploma
- Higher Doctorate
TOP UNIVERSITIES for Studies in Ireland
Ireland has one of the best and internationally renowned education systems in the world that offer the finest academic quality. Education in Ireland is mainly provided by 7 universities, 14 institutes of technology, including the Dublin Institute of Technology and 7 colleges of education. All 34 Irish institutions provide degrees over a broad range of subjects spanning over 5,000 programs that are internationally recognized.
Top 10 Universities for foreign study in Ireland are:
- Trinity College Dublin and University of Dublin
- University College Cork
- TU Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University of Limerick
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Cork Institute of Technology
Top Courses to Study in Ireland for Indian Students
Universities in Ireland offer every student a variety of courses and programs as per their area of interest.
Following are the degrees and courses Irish universities are known for:
- Arts and literature
- Information Technology
- Biotechnology and Pharmacy
- Applied Science and Hospitality
STUDY ABROAD IN IRELAND: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
The Central Applications Office (CAO) processes all applications to Irish universities, colleges of education, institutes of technology, and some other institutes of higher education for undergraduate courses, in a centralized manner. However, institutions are the final decision-makers on who gets admission in their institution. However, students must always contact their chosen university for more information on the application process.
Universities and colleges admit students majorly in September. A few universities offer intakes in February too.
We advise students to start planning for applications at least a year in advance.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Admission in Ireland Universities
The general criteria to get admission in Ireland Universities are mentioned below:
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS score for UG and 6.5 or above for PG programs
- PTE Academic scores: 51-58 for UG and 59-64 for PG
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) a minimum score of 90
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Courses in Ireland
- A minimum of 12 years of elementary and secondary education
- Minimum aggregate marks of 65% in 12th grade
- Mathematics in class XII (a prerequisite for some sciences and technology courses).
- Minimum required IELTS/PTE Academic scores.
Eligibility Criteria for Post-Graduate Courses in Ireland
- For Masters in Ireland, most universities require a qualification equivalent to the Irish bachelor’s degree, which requires 16 years of formal education. It would mean another year of education after Indian bachelors or a four-year bachelor’s degree course like B.E., B.Tech. or other such courses
- First-class in undergraduate level degree
- Mathematics in-class XII (a prerequisite for some sciences and technology courses)
- Minimum required IELTS/PTE Academic scores
- Relevant work experience (some universities require this for courses like MBA)
STUDENT LIFE IN IRELAND
The Irish are known to be fun-loving, warm and welcoming people.
Safety for International students in Ireland
Ireland is known as one of the friendliest and safest countries in the world. All universities have designated staff members to whom any international students can consult for help and support whenever required. The country has the Irish Tourist Assistance Service (ITAS) provide free help and practical support to foreigners who are victims of crime.
Students can also directly contact ITAS on 1890 365 700 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRELAND STUDY VISA REQUIREMENTS
Students will require a student visa for Ireland if they wish to stay in Ireland for more than 3 months. They must complete the following requirements to apply:
- A letter of acceptance from an Irish educational institution, confirming students’ enrolment in a course of full-time education, involving a minimum of 15 hours of organized daytime tuition each week
- A duly completed and signed the application form, with two passport-size photographs. Students will have to pay a non-refundable visa application fee
- Evidence of scholarship or payment of course fees
- English language certificate, except for cases where the applicant is going for an English language course
- Student needs to show sufficient funds to support their stay in Ireland for a year. Immediate access to at least €7,000 in the applicant’s bank account is required
- Proof of sufficient funds for the whole course of your studies. This is the same amount for each subsequent year
- Private medical insurance.
A passport is valid for at least 12 months after your proposed date of arrival in Ireland
POST-STUDY WORK RIGHTS IN IRELAND
Under Ireland’s Third Level Graduate Scheme, students who have studied in Ireland and completed a recognized degree, such as bachelor’s degree, post-graduate diploma, master’s or an MBA from an Irish higher education institutions may remain and work in the country after their studies. They can work for up to 40 hours per week, and apply for a further work permit or a green card during this period.
Interested in studying abroad?can help – fill in your details and we’ll call you back.
Looking for Study in Foreign Country?
We provide free substance to students desiring to study within the United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Switzerland, Dubai, Ireland and Malaysia.
Oasis Education Consultancy an educational consultant has been counseling and assisting students to study at UK, AUSTRALIA, USA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND and other countries.
Head office (udaipur)
© 2021 Oasis Educon. All Rights Reserved.